Candace Culpepper Light, D.D.S.
Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric DentistryDr. Candace Culpepper Light grew up in Cameron, Texas, where she graduated Valedictorian of C.H. Yoe High School. Following in her parents’ footsteps, she made the move to College Station to become a proud member of the Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2006 (whoop!). They have three children: Graham, Gentry and Gracyn.
Dr. Light graduated with Summa Cum Laude honors from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Science and a minor in Business. She also graduated dental school with Summa Cum Laude honors with Distinction in Research from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Dental School.
Dr. Light continued her studies in a pediatric dentistry residency program at Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas. With extensive training in facilities such as Texas Scottish Rite Hospital and Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, Dr. Light gained valuable experience treating many different populations of children, including those with special needs and medically compromising conditions. Thrilled to be back in the Brazos Valley, Dr. Light is committed to serving the oral health care needs of the children in this wonderful community!
Awards & Professional Memberships:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Graduated with Honors, Summa Cum Laude, with Distinction in Research from University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Graduated with Honors, Summa Cum Laude, from Texas A&M University
- Selected into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Mu Nu Chapter (National Dental Honor Society)
- Texas Dental Association 2010 Outstanding Senior Dental Student Award
- Award for Clinical Excellence in Dentistry
- International College of Dentists Student Leadership Award
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Kramer Award of Excellence
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Award for Excellence in Academics
- Edward G. Rennels Award (Top Dental Histology Student)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Brazos Valley District Dental Society